Saturday, July 16, 2011

Rite Aid - 07.16.11

Yikes! I've been MIA! I promise I'll never do that again!!!

I've been on a couple of shopping trip lately and I'll blog about this real soon as my drugstore visits are coming up this weekend (BTW, not much to toot and holler about, but there's still savings to be had out there)


I just realized that our Rite Aid sales actually start on Fridays rather on Saturdays like all the other drugstores usually. ROOKIE MISTAKE - I'm sure, but hey we learn right? Anyhow, I scooted my little tushie over to the closest Rite Aid earlier this evening with a couple of things that I wanted to get with this week's sales.  Remember it's not that great of a weekend for drugstore savings, but I'll get what I can =)


But first, let me tell you how nerve wrecking it was to be at the check out stand, I had one of those gut feelings that somehow my transactions would just go horribly wrong so before I even put my stuff on the belt I let two people ahead of me with a hand full of items to purchase ahead of me.  But when it came time to scan the coupons, everything went horribly time consuming.  Some of my coupons wouldn't scan (which were clipped out of the Sunday Newspapers) and then I sat there watching the cashier scrutinize my coupons - thank goodness I'm OCD with my coupons because I read every-single-word in fine print to make sure I was using them correctly. Then their own Up Rewards didn't scan at all and apparently this was a known issue within the store - PHEW! Anyways, all in all about 10 coupons had to be punched manually and you can only imagine the line behind me getting longer and my face turning white from emberassment - yes, I said white, because Filipinos don't usually turn red unless you piss them off, ha!





Anyways, here's the break down....

I rolled in $21 in Up Rewards from last week.

Colgate. On Sale 2/$5. Used (2) $.75 coupons. Final Price $1.75 each (Note: I normally wouldn't purchase these at such a high price but because my coupons were expiring tonight, I "had" to)

Care Free Panty Liners 20 ct.  On Sale $1. Used (7) $.50 coupons. Final Price $.50 each

Got2B Hair Gel. On Sale $4.99. Get $2 Up Rewards - Limit 3. Paid $4.99 each but received $2 Up Rewards each.

Excedrin Migrain 24 ct and Extra Strength 20 ct. On Sale $1.99. Used (6) $.75 coupons. Final Price $1.24 each

Gilette Fusion Cartridge 4ct. Special Morning Must Haves Store Special - Purchase $25, receive $5 Up Rewards. And purchase a Gilette Fusion Cartridge, get a Gilette Fusion Shaving Gel for FREE!!!! Price $15.99. Used (2) $4 coupons. Final Price was $11.99 each, received one Gilette Fusion Shaving Gel for FREE!!!


Total Retail Value: $120.58
Total Savings with Wellness Card and Coupons: $81.49

Total OOP with Tax: $39.09 and received $11 in Up Rewards for my next visit.


Savings Tip:  Always go the first two days of a sale to maximize on savings and get things while they're in stock =)

Happy Klippin Fellow Koupon Kuties!

No comments:

Post a Comment